Achieving our goals – in only ‘one minute’ !
Posted September 16, 2010on:
People dream – people desire – people make resolutions on December 31 and yes, on our birthdays – we do think about our goals. The key question: What happens next? We want to reduce weight or we want to study for further educational qualification – we want to start exercise but………..
but…….. very few people take action! Why? How can we set and monitor our goals effectively and that too, by investing only ‘one minute’?
There was a person who was trying to find the ‘perfect manager’. His search took him to a manager who was known as ‘one minute manager’.
He asked the one minute manager – how do you manage effectively? One minute manager responded: I am able to utilize my ‘one minutes’ effectively. On goal setting, the One minute manager told him that:
1. People who feel good about themselves produce good results. Therefore, one should ‘always’ feel good about one self.
2. Goal setting is about change in behaviour – a person needs different behaviour from existing one. If a person keep on doing same thing again and again, he / she would get the same results – again and again! (No wonder why people don’t make progress!).
3. Once a person agrees upon goal, the next thing is to review the good behaviour i.e. what behaviour is required to achieve the goal.
4. Each goal needs to be ‘written’ on a sheet of paper within 250 words.
5. One should read and re-read the goals daily – this reading would need only ‘one minute’
6. Take ‘one minute’ every once in a while out of your day (every day) and look at the ‘performance’
7. Key question, once goals are written and reviewed: See whether your behaviour matches your goal or not.
Here is an inspirational video on goal setting – let’s invest one minute! All the best for achievement of our annual resolutions!
Your thoughts on goal setting?