The best way to predict Future!
Posted February 19, 2010on:
There was a wise man living on a mountaintop and people went there to ask him various questions. Whatever he said as an answer always came true. Many people including students, politicians, musicians, doctors, lawyers, accountants etc went to ask him questions and found their satisfactory answers. One day, a person decides to test the wise man. He made a plan to have a small bird in his hand. He planned to ask the wise man whether the bird in his hand is alive or dead.
If the wise person said: Alive, he will crush the bird. However, if the wise person said: Dead, he will open his hands and the bird will fly out – Alive. Either way, the person will prove the wise man wrong.
After making his plan, the person approached the wise person and asked: What do you think about the bird in my hand. Is it alive or is it dead?
The wise man looked towards the person and said:
My dear! Whether the bird is alive or dead; it’s in your hand!
The above is from the book: “Create your own future” by Brian Tracy. (www.briantracy.com)
Brian Tracy says: When I was 21, in the middle of a cold, cold winter, I sat in my small one-room apartment and contemplated my future. It didn’t look very promising. I was a high school dropout working as a construction laborer, too broke to even go out the week before payday. Suddenly, I had a revelation. Just like the story about the old man, I realized that everything that happened to me from that moment onward was in my own hands. No one else was going to do it for me. I was responsible.
One of the questions in philosophy is how to achieve happiness?
Is Success an accident? Brian Tracy says that Success is not a result of good luck versus bad luck. Even if you have not taken the time to clearly identify the steps you took or failed to take to get you from where you were to where you are today, a definite process has brought you to where you are at this minute.
Action items, as recommended by Brain Tracy are:
1. Develop your own personal definition of happiness. What sort of activities or conditions do you enjoy more than anything else?
2. Go to one of the top people in your field and ask that person for advice that will help you to be more successful.
3. Identify the luckiest events that have happened in your life and then trace back the various actions you took that contributed to them.
4. Determine the cause and effect relationships between something you want and the best way of getting it. What are they?
5. Take one specific action immediately that can increase the likelihood that you will achieve one of your goals. Do it now!
And Peter Drucker says: “The very best way to predict the future is………..
to create it”
More ideas from Brian Tracy to be posted in coming days. Your thoughts on creating future…..??